Mount Mary College of Teachers Education (MMCTE) is established in the year 2017, respectively by the Governing body of “MINISTRY OF MOUNT MARY ACADEMY” a registered Society under Society registration Act 1860 with NO.RS/2076 dated 12th August 1987 with the aim to provide higher education within the state of Nagaland.
Our Moto: “Service, Commitment & Excellence”
Bachelor of Education
The B.Ed. is a two-year, full-time teacher education programme which prepares teachers for the secondary and higher secondary school level. The eligibility for the programme is graduation from any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks, 5% is relaxed for reserved class category.
The aspiring candidates have to appear for the Written Entrance Test and undergo the procedure of admission conducted by the Nagaland University Officials.
The programme is conducted in 4 semesters with a theory and practicum component for each semester.
Detailed syllabus is provided in the link below
Diploma in Elementary Education
The Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) is a two-year professional programme of teacher education. It aims to prepare teachers for the elementary stage of education, i.e. classes I to VIII. The course is recognized by the National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE). It is a distance education affiliated to University.
For further details contact Office.
Institution’s responsibilities towards students
The institution shall
- Communicate its goals and objectives systematically and clearly to all students
- Offer programme that are consistent in their goals and objectives
- Offer a wide range of programme with adequate academic flexibility
- Obtain feedback from students on the initiation, review and redesign of programme.
- Facilitate effective running of the teaching-learning programme
- Implement a well-conceived plan for monitoring student progress continuously
- Ensure that the student assessment mechanism is reliable and valid
- Provide clear information to students about admission and completion requirements for all programmes, the fee structure and refund policies, financial aid and student support services
- Ensure sufficient and well-run support services to all students
- Promote healthy practices
Student’s responsibilities of learning
The institution shall
- Appreciate the institutional goals and objectives
- Contribute to the realization of goals and objectives by participating in relevant institutional activities
- Have a clear knowledge of the programmes, admission policies, rules and regulations of the institution
- Follow the time schedules, rules and regulations of the institution strictly
- Undertake regular and intense study of learning materials
- Make optimum use of the learning resources and other support services available in the institution
- Prepare for continuous internal assessment and term-end examinations
- Give feedback for system improvement
- Have faith and ability to pursue lifelong learning
- Live as worthy alumni of the institution